Hey guys! So as you all know, Valentine’s Day is this week, so I thought i’d share one of my favorite cookie recipes.
First of all I just wanted to say that Valentine’s Day is not about how much money your loved ones spend on you or what gifts they get you. It is a day you spend with the special people in your life, so whatever you do or give should be from your heart. It could be something simple as handmade crafts or homemade goods (which guys love by the way). Just remember to do something that would make your loved one happy; don’t do what others around you are doing for Valentine’s Day.
Everybody loves some delicious chocolate-chip (or m&m) cookies! Here’s my all-time favorite recipe (just for you) :
Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will need:
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (substitute with M&Ms if you like)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, fully mixing. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips or M&Ms (or both).
- Drop round dough onto baking sheet using an ice-cream scoop. Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool and Serve. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do! Good luck making these and have a great Valentine’s Day!